White Crackle Bunny Heads
Looking for a fun Easter treat to make with the kids? These white crackle bunny heads are easy to make and are super cute.
- 2 x 180g blocks white chocolate, chopped
- 75g Copha, chopped
- A few drops of pink gel food colouring (or any colour you prefer)
- ½ cup (20g) Rice Bubbles, plus 1 cup (40g) extra for coating
- ½ cup (50g) desiccated coconut, plus extra for decorating ears and tails
- 1 x 290g packet white chocolate melts
- 20g Copha, chopped
- Banana lollies, black liquorice strap, eyeball decorations, pink and white mini heart sprinkles, Mentos lollies for cheeks, milk bottle lollies for feet and tails.
- To make crackle mixture, place chocolate and Copha into a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in ½ cup Rice Bubbles, ½ cup coconut and pink gel food colouring. Mix until well combined. Refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, or until just firm.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, spoon out crackle mixture and roll into 10 balls. Roll in extra 1 cup of Rice Bubbles to coat. Place onto a lined baking tray and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to firm up.
- Place white chocolate melts and Copha in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Dip so that only the bottom half of the bunny head is covered in chocolate. Place onto prepared tray and refrigerate again for 15 minutes. Reserve remaining chocolate for decorating.
- Meanwhile, push a bamboo skewer into the end of a banana lolly. Dip into white melted chocolate and tap onto side of bowl to remove excess. Coat in desiccated coconut. Remove from skewer and set aside to harden on a lined baking tray or plate. Repeat with remaining bananas to make 20 ears.
- To make the bunny feet, cut milk bottle lollies into 1cm pieces. Make 2 slits on the uncut edge. Repeat to make 20 feet.
- To make the bunny tails, cut ends off milk bottles, dip into white chocolate and coat in desiccated coconut. Repeat to make 10 bunny tails. Set aside to harden.
- Trim liquorice strap to make whiskers and eyebrows.
- Using the reserved melted chocolate as glue, stick on eyeball decorations, liquorice eyebrows, heart sprinkles nose and teeth, liquorice whiskers and Mentos cheeks. Glue on ears, feet and tail. Refrigerate until set.
Colour your bunny heads with a variety of colours.
- To colour your bunny heads in different colours, separate warm crackle mixture into portions and add gel food colouring of choice to each bowl. Chill for a shorter period and proceed with recipe.
- When gluing on face and feet, allow the chocolate to cool and thicken slightly to prevent it dripping.
- If banana lolly ears are difficult to attach, trim off the base to make a level edge.
- Place and hold candy features for 3-5 seconds to allow chocolate to harden.
- If melted chocolate begins to harden, microwave for 30 secs and stir until soft.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bunnies will keep for up to one week.