Spruce up an old favourite with the crunch of popcorn in your rocky road!
- 100g copha
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g white marshmallows, halved
- 50g glace cherries, halved
- 100g caramel popcorn
- white chocolate for decorating
- Line the base and sides of a 15 x 30cm slab tin with baking paper.
- Melt the copha in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Combine the cocoa powder, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the copha until well combined.
- Fold the marshmallows, glace cherries and caramel popcorn into the copha mixture and coat all ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the lined tin, pressing firmly with hands or the back of a flat spoon. Allow to set in a cool place or refrigerate.
- When the rocky road is set, cut into squares with a warm sharp knife and store in an airtight container until required.
Notes: This rocky road is also delicious with addition of walnuts or toasted slithered almonds. Desiccated coconut may also be added.