Dark Cherry Chocolate Crackles
A twist on the old favourite, chocolate crackles. With the inclusion of red glace cherries, coconut, cherry ripe and chocolate this is an indulgent treat that the whole family can enjoy.
20 min prep
1 hour setting
CHERRY CHOCOLATE CRACKLE
- 250g (1 block) block Copha
- 160g (4 cups) Rice Bubbles
- 60g (¾ cup) shredded coconut
- 100g (½ cup) red glace cherries, chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 120g (1 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- Extra ¼ cup shredded coconut and Cherry Ripe (15g bars), to decorate
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) thickened cream
- 25g Copha
Cherry Chocolate Crackle
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with large paper cases.
- Place Copha in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stand 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine Rice Bubbles, coconut, chopped glace cherries, chocolate and combined sifted sugar and cocoa in a large bowl. Add in the melted Copha and stir to combine. Spoon crackle mixture evenly among prepared paper cases.
- To make ganache, combine ingredients in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl from heat. Stand at room temperature until thickened slightly.
- Spoon ganache on top of each crackle. Sprinkle with extra coconut and decorate with Cherry Ripe. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.
TIP Glace cherries are available from most major supermarkets, green grocers or whole food stores.