This delicious no-bake coconut ice recipe can be flavoured to suit your tastes!
- 250g copha
- 1 kg icing sugar, sifted
- 500g desiccated coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- lilac food colouring
- lavender flavour
- 1 tsp lavender flowers dried
- violet or lavender icing flowers to decorate
Melt N Mix – no baking required!
- Line a 30cm x 15cm slab tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the sifted icing sugar and coconut. Mix well. Make a large well in the center.
- Melt the copha in a small saucepan over a low heat; remove and add the vanilla essence. Pour copha into the icing sugar and coconut mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until foamy but not stiff. Stir the egg whites into the mixture until well combined.
- Divide the mixture in half. Press half the mixture into the slab tin; to make the mixture even press with a flat-based glass. Refrigerate until firm.
- Add a few drops of lilac colour and lavender flavour to the remaining mixture and knead well to give the coconut ice an even colour. Taste mixture and adjust flavour if required.
- Press the lilac mixture over the white coconut ice and press firmly. Sprinkle with lavender flowers and press firmly. Refrigerate coconut ice until firm.
- Using a warm knife or shaped cutter cut the coconut ice into the required shapes. Decorate and serve as required.
- This coconut ice is gluten-free.
- Coconut ice can be flavoured and coloured to suit any taste.
- Green and white (mint flavoured)
- Pink and white (strawberry or raspberry flavoured)
- Yellow and white (lemon flavoured)