White Forest Crackle Cheesecake Log
A crunchy white chocolate crackle coating with a delicious creamy centre of cherries, white chocolate and cream cheese. Perfect for special occasions and sure impress family and friends at Christmas. Best of all its quick and easy.
1 hour (+ chilling time)
1 hour setting
CHEESE CAKE FILLING
- 100g Copha, chopped
- 90g (½ cup) white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 375g cream cheese, diced, at room temperature
- 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80ml (1/3) cup thickened cream
- 120g (½ cup) stoneless black cherries in syrup, drained well, chopped
- 100g White Choc Melts, melted
- White chocolate curls (See Tip)
- Fresh cherries, to decorate
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRACKLE MIXTURE
- 60g Copha, chopped
- 60g white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 60g (1½ cups) Rice Bubbles
- 60g (½ cup) icing sugar mixture
- 35g (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp full cream milk powder
- Combine the Copha and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Cool slightly (10 mins).
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. With motor operating on a low speed, beat in melted Copha mixture until combined. Add cream and then beat, on low speed for 10 seconds, or until thick. Fold in cherries.
- Spoon filling onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Enclose in plastic wrap and roll into a 7cm-wide x 23cm-long log. Refrigerate overnight.
White chocolate Crackle Mixture:
- Combine the Copha and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Combine the rice bubbles, icing sugar, coconut and milk powder in a bowl, add the Copha mixture and stir to combine. Press mixture over log to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Place log on a serving plate. Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Decorate with chocolate curls and cherries. Cut into slices to serve.
TIP To make white chocolate curls, melt 180g block white cooking chocolate and pour over an up-turned oven tray. Spread evenly. Stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours or until set. Use a large, flat-bladed knife across the surface of the chocolate to create chocolate curls. Curls can be kept in the fridge for up to one week in an airtight container.
NOTE: Garnish can be changed from fresh whole cherries to maraschino cherries.