White Christmas Minty Treats
The old fashioned white Christmas recipe gets a mini makeover with a hint of mint flavour and white chocolate. A new Christmas recipe idea, simply shape into mini White Christmas puddings and then top with chocolate and decorations. A different way to make traditional White Christmas!
- 2 ½ cups Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup powdered full cream milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini white marshmallows, finely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 220g Copha
- 150g dark chocolate
- 30g extra Copha
- Candy canes, lightly crushed
- Small red and green jelly beans
- Christmas themed edible decorations (see note)
- Combine the dry ingredients and peppermint essence in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the Copha in a microwave on High or in a saucepan. Cool slightly then pour onto dry ingredients and mix well. Press 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into a greased 24-hole mini muffin tin. Freeze for 5 minutes to firm.
- Remove white Christmas from tin. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 48.
- Place the treats onto a baking paper lined tray. Melt extra Copha and the chocolate in a microwave on High. Stir to combine. Use a teaspoon to drizzle over the white Christmas treats to represent custard on a pudding. Working quickly, before the chocolate mixture sets, decorate with crushed candy cane, jelly beans or edible Christmas decorations.
NOTE: Candy canes and edible Christmas decorations are available during the festive season from the baking aisle of large supermarkets and speciality cake decorating stores.