These rum balls are the perfect bite-sized delicacy, coated in coconut, sprinkles, cocoa or nuts!
- 125g Copha
- 125g dark chocolate
- 1½ cups cake crumbs (chocolate or plain)
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp rum or brandy
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30g Copha
- cocoa powder
- chocolate sprinkles
- ground praline
- shredded coconut
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the Copha and chocolate on medium power for 1½ minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth.
- Fold the cake crumbs, almonds and rum into the chocolate mixture. Allow to cool.
- Shape the mixture into 16 walnut sized balls and place the rum balls onto a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt the remaining Copha and chocolate together until smooth.
- Place a bamboo stick into the centre of each rumball and dip into the chocolate mixture. Roll the rumball into the chosen coating and allow to set.
- Repeat with remaining balls. Serve as required.
Notes: Dark, milk or white chocolate may be used as a coating for Rum Balls. Fruit cake crumbs may also be used in place of cake crumbs.