Looking for a super white frosting recipe to decorate your cakes and cupcakes? This recipe using Copha guarantees a perfect bright white colour every time!
10 mins prep
Makes 2.5 Cups
- 250g (1 block) Copha, at room temperature, sliced
- 360g (3 cups) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Place Copha in a large bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on a low speed until smooth. Increase speed to medium and beat for a further 3-4 minutes, or until white and creamy. Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, 1/3 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add boiling water and beat until smooth.
- To soften Copha, leave it out of the fridge for at least 24 hours. Thinly slice or grate.
- Alternatively, run the outside of the mixing bowl under hot water then add sliced copha and beat. Do not melt Copha.
- There is enough frosting to ice a 22-23cm cake or 24 cupcakes.
- Frosting is best used immediately after making. Add a little extra boiling water if frosting starts to firm up.