Chocolate cake and kids' parties go hand in hand. And these mini chocolate mudcakes are the perfect handful!
- 250g (1 block) diced copha
- 250g chopped milk cooking chocolate (can also substitute for dark cooking chocolate if desired)
- 500g (1¼ cups) firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) sour cream
- 300g (2⅓ cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g (⅓cup) cocoa powder
- Jelly lollies to garnish
- 180g chopped milk or dark cooking chocolate
- 80ml (⅓cup) thickened cream (plus extra for serving)
- Pre heat oven to 140°C/280°F (fan forced 120°C/240°F). Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine cooking chocolate and brown sugar together in a bowl. Place bowl over a pot of lightly simmering water to melt. Stir occasionally until fully melted. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Melt copha in the microwave or saucepan until fully melted. Add melted chocolate. Whisk eggs in one at a time followed by sour cream.
- Combine plain flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and sift over copha mix. Stir through until well combined.
- Divide mix equally into muffin pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove pan from oven. Set cakes aside in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack for 30 minutes or until cooled completely.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring cream to boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until combined and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- Spoon ganache mixture over the top of each mini-cake.
- Top with a jelly lolly.
- Let frosting set before serving.
If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving. Can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days