Caramilk Crackle Banoffee Pie
If you are a Caramilk chocolate lover then this dessert is for you! A delicious combination of banana and caramel, on a crunchy white crackle base topped with cream, this pie tastes divine and is perfect for entertaining.
15 minutes, plus 30 minutes chilling time
80g Copha, chopped
¼ cup (30g) full cream milk powder
80g Cadbury Caramilk chocolate, chopped
1 ¾ cups (70g) Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles
½ cup (80g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
100g Fairy margarine, diced
¾ cup (165g) brown sugar, firmly packed
2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
3-4 bananas, sliced thickly
600ml thickened cream, whipped
Flaked dark chocolate or cocoa powder to garnish (optional)
- Combine Copha, milk powder and Caramilk chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir over a low heat until melted and combined.
- Mix together Rice Bubbles icing sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Add the melted Copha mixture and mix well. Chill for 5 minutes or until mixture begins to harden slightly.
- Press the crackle mixture evenly over the base and sides of a greased 4cm deep, 23cm (base measurement) loose bottom tart tin. Place onto a baking tray and refrigerate until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer crackle base onto a serving plate.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until boiling and thickened.
- Transfer caramel to a heatproof bowl and cool (approx. 20 minutes) until just warm.
- Spoon caramel filling into crackle base and smooth the top. Arrange bananas over the top and spoon over whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate and serve immediately.
- You can melt Copha and Caramilk chocolate in the microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 30 second bursts. Stir well after each burst until melted.
- Use the back of a metal soup spoon to evenly spread the crackle mixture base.
- Crackle base can be made up to three days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Caramel can be made a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- If caramel sets too firm, microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stir and repeat until it reaches spooning consistency.
- Caramel should be just warm and NOT hot when added to crackle base. If caramel is too hot, refrigerate for 15 minutes.