An incredible combination of chocolate crackle and ice cream created by ex-Masterchef contestant, Dani Venn - guaranteed to be a party favourite!
Watch the video here to learn how to make it yourself.
Chocolate Crackle Base
1. Line a 20cm loose based cake tin with baking paper.
2. Melt copha over a low heat in a saucepan or in microwave, allow to cool slightly. Combine rice bubbles, icing sugar, cocoa, and coconut in large mixing bowl. Add copha and mix well until combined.
3. Use about 2/3 of the chocolate crackle mixture and press into the base of the cake tin. Create a ‘nest’, pressing the mixture up the sides of the cake tin a little. Place in freezer to firm up for 10 minutes. Place remaining crackle mixture on lined baking tray and set aside in fridge.
4. Remove from freezer and scoop ice cream and press into cake tin to cover the chocolate crackle base. Level out and smooth with a small spatula. Place in freezer to firm up for at least 4 hours.
5. Prepare “ice magic” by creating a double boiler with a saucepan filled with a few cups of water and metal or glass bowl placed on top of the saucepan. Place over low heat, add copha and gently melt. Add chocolate and stir with metal spoon to melt. Keep slightly warm until ready to decorate your cake.
When you are ready to decorate and serve your cake, place remaining crackle mixture in food processor to create chocolate crackle “dust” or finely chop up. Stir in contents of popping candy.
To decorate your cake, drizzle over “ice magic”, top with strawberries and chocolate crackle dust. Serve immediately.