Choc Orange Crackle Cheesecake Lasagne
This is a dessert that will really wow a crowd! Layers of crunchy chocolate crackle and creamy orange cheesecake make this one indulgent dessert lasagne. Plus, you can make it up to 2 days ahead for easy entertaining.
35 mins, plus 4 hours setting time
Chocolate Crackle Layer
- 125g (1/2 block) Copha, chopped
- 3 ½ cups (175g) Kellogg’s Coco Pops
- 125g dark cooking chocolate 45%, chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
Choc Orange Cheesecake filling
- 2 x 250g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 200g white cooking chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatine dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water, cooled
- ½ cup (125ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind (approx. 2 small oranges)
- 60g Copha, chopped
- 100g dark cooking chocolate 40%, chopped
- Chopped choc-orange chocolate balls, chocolate orange segments, choc-orange wafer bars and dried orange slices to decorate
Chocolate Crackle Layer
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 11.5cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan. Leave a 5cm overhang on the two long sides.
- Combine Copha, chocolate and icing sugar in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Coco Pops and coconut to the Copha mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add melted white chocolate and dissolved gelatine and beat until well mixed. Gently fold through the whipped cream and orange zest.
- Spoon a third of the crackle mixture into prepared pan, flatten gently with the back of a spoon. Spoon over a third of the cheesecake filling. Smooth top. Sprinkle evenly with half the remaining crackle mixture.
- Repeat with remaining cheesecake filling and crackle mixture. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, until set.
- Melt Copha and chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Cool, stirring occasionally until thickened and spreadable.
- When ready to serve, spoon melted topping over cheesecake. Decorate with choc-orange chocolate balls, chocolate orange segments and other decorations.
Tips: We used Jaffas, Terry’s Chocolate Oranges, Kit Kat Dark Chocolate with Southern Australian Orange and dried orange slices to decorate. Copha and chocolate can be melted in the microwave. Place into a microwave safe bowl and heat on High for 1-2 minutes, stirring every minute until melted and smooth. Remove crackle lasagne from the fridge 15-30 minutes before slicing to make it easier to cut. Use a warm and dry serrated knife to cut thick slices. Undecorated crackle lasagne can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store covered in loaf pan. Decorated crackle lasagne will keep for 4-5 hours, depending on the chocolates and biscuits used for decorating.