Choc Mint Crackle Cheesecake Lasagne
Remind your guests to bring their appetite to the party for this epic make-ahead dessert! This no-bake dessert lasagne is full of crunchy chocolate crackle and minty cheesecake filling, get ready for oohs and aahs.
35 mins, plus 4 hours setting time
Chocolate Crackle Layer
- 125g (½ block) Copha, chopped
- 3 ½ cups (175g) Kellogg’s Coco Pops
- 125g dark cooking chocolate 45%, chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
- ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
Choc-Mint Cheesecake filling
- 2 x 250g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 200g white cooking chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatine dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water, cooled
- ½ cup (125ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 35g Peppermint Crisp Bar, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 60g Copha, chopped
- 100g dark cooking chocolate 40%, chopped
- Mint patties, mint biscuits, choc-mint balls and other choc-mint candies to decorate.
Chocolate Crackle Layer
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 11.5cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan. Leave a 5cm overhang on the two long sides.
- Combine Copha, chocolate and icing sugar in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Coco Pops and coconut to the Copha mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add melted white chocolate and dissolved gelatine and beat until well mixed. Gently fold through the whipped cream, essence and peppermint crisp.
- Spoon a third of the crackle mixture into prepared pan, flatten gently with the back of a spoon. Spoon over a third of the cheesecake filling. Smooth top. Sprinkle evenly with half the remaining crackle mixture.
- Repeat with remaining cheesecake filling and crackle mixture. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, until set.
- Melt Copha and chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Cool, stirring occasionally until thickened and spreadable.
- When ready to serve, spoon melted topping over cheesecake. Decorate with a selection of choc-mint biscuits and sweets.
Tips: We used Mint Patties, Oreo Cadbury Coated Mint Biscuits, Darrell Lea Minty Crunchy Chocolate Balls and Peppermint Crisp to decorate. Copha and chocolate can be melted in the microwave. Place into a microwave safe bowl and heat on High for 1-2 minutes, stirring every minute until melted and smooth. Remove cheesecake lasagne from the fridge 15-30 minutes before slicing to make it easier to cut. Use a warm and dry serrated knife to cut thick slices. Undecorated crackle lasagne can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store covered in loaf pan. Decorated crackle lasagne will keep for 4-5 hours, depending on the sweets and biscuits used for decorating.