This delicious no-bake coconut ice recipe can be flavoured to suit your tastes!
Melt N Mix – no baking required!
1. Line a 30cm x 15cm slab tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the sifted icing sugar and coconut. Mix well. Make a large well in the centre.
3. Melt the Copha in a small saucepan over a low heat; remove and add the vanilla essence. Pour Copha into the icing sugar and coconut mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites until foamy but not stiff. Stir the egg whites into the mixture until well combined.
5. Divide the mixture in half. Press half the mixture into the slab tin; to make the mixture even press with a flat-based glass. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Add a few drops of lilac colour and lavender flavour to the remaining mixture and knead well to give the coconut ice an even colour. Taste mixture and adjust flavour if required.
7. Press the lilac mixture over the white coconut ice and press firmly. Sprinkle with lavender flowers and press firmly. Refrigerate coconut ice until firm.
8. Using a warm knife or shaped cutter cut the coconut ice into the required shapes. Decorate and serve as required.